It may seem irrelevant to some of the people and obvious to others but the true fact is that computer crime is increasing with increase use of computers. Computer crime basically deals in both online and offline modes. Online crimes are what viruses and hackers can do via internet and offline crime refers to theft of laptops & computers. You need to be aware of both the crimes & the ways by which you can protect your computer from them. Below are mentioned few important safety measures for computer’s protection.
- The first & the basic measure is to use an anti-virus to keep away all the harmful viruses & to protect your personal data & information. Without the use of antivirus any malicious software can invade your computer & the destruction caused by it can corrupt files & will spread throughout the computer resulting its improper functioning. Popular antivirus which works efficiently are Norton, Quick Heal, AVG Free and Avast antivirus.
- Always turn on pc firewall of computer’s operating system. Firewalls protect your computer from hackers and it works incorporation with the antivirus to don’t let enter any worms & virus in your computer.
- If you don’t have software firewalls in the operating system then you can use hardware firewalls to protect your computer. They may also be used in addition with the software firewalls to increase the effectiveness of the amount of protection computer receives.
- If you use windows operating system, then always keep up with all the windows update that are a must for your system. Microsoft is always working hard to create software updates which can protect your computer from all the new viruses invented almost daily. To ensure updates always turn on the windows updates so that they download & update automatically and you will use them hassle-free.
- Always remember that whenever you add any external hardware to your computer always scan it to remove viruses. Pen drives, USB drives, CDs, DVDs & Mobile Phones are able to give many harmful virusesto your system so never use them before scanning the virus.
- To keep your computer safe from thieves you can use under desk PC Desktop Tower Unit which is internally fixed to the underside of the desk and is capable of protecting both laptops and desktop computers.
- One more way to protect the hardware is to use PC and laptop security cabinet to keep them safe from thieves. These cabinets are manufactured of steel and can store up to 10 to 20 laptops or desktops according to their capacity.
By using these safety measures you can keep a check on both the computer crimes either software or physical. There is no point regretting on your careless attitude if you lose an expensive belonging of yours. So follow prevention guidelines for a trouble-free usage of technology.